F1 2014 Graphics Card Test

I ran a quick five lap race to test my new PC’s graphics card (GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5) and the video below is of a last lap pass for the win. I won the pole but lost the lead on the first lap when I made a mistake. It took me the remaining laps just to close the gap on Hamilton to set him up for an overtake using DRS (Drag Reduction System) which is enabled when within one second of the car in front of you.

I ran the in-game benchmark test which set the resolution at a stunning 3840 X 2160 (I have never had a game render at the high of detail), and most all the other major setting at high or ultra. The game ran liquid smooth (even when recording the replay using the GeForce Experience application to take video). The fans were running during the race and some of the replay, but promptly ceased upon exit so it did not seem to be too taxing on the 8 GB card.



I am quite pleased with this card and the computer in general as it can play all my heavy games (Skyrim SE, GTA V, F1 2014) at maximum graphics settings with exceptional performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment